Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm Still Alive - Pig Turnarounds + Backgrounds

June has been busy with CCAD Orientation-Leading, starting a new part-time job, and drawing.

I made it a goal to finish my HARDCOW short, and I'm sticking to it. Here's a turnaround of the pig that GOES HAM! in my short. The last scene I need to animate is one which involves this fella and our star cow dancing head-to-head: which I gathered some long-awaited reference for, thanks to my boyfriend and another one of our friends who is actually very talented at hardcore dancing!

Ah, why not. Here's a slight bit of proof of reference:
Happy Violence from Jon and Ben!

Here's a handful of the backgrounds I have been creating. When I animated for class, I had basic background layouts that I planned to follow until I finally got around to making backgrounds. I plan on approaching backgrounds very differently (sooner!!) next time around - it's funny that after doing it super-backwards, I have really learned from the challenge of "dealing with what you already have" - they are simple and angular (to contrast VS the organic characters), made in Illustrator.




Soon, I'll be updating with a stupid-big sketch post to catch up with sketches from the last semester (!) as well as the sketchbook I started at the beginning of this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Can't wait to see it all finished :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma!! I am excited too. :D
      How is your summer going?

      Delete