Sunday, October 27, 2013

Selfie Sunday: Rafiki and Friends

The past week went really well. I am working on my thesis, learning ZBrush, threading through Processing and getting new projects to animate on. This next week is going to be stellar by means of what I hope to accomplish.

This weekend was the big Halloween-celebration weekend. I got to dress up as Rafiki (complete with three layers of pants that included some leggings with a hole cut in them). Simba and I got to meet lots of people such as Bob Ross, Spock, Bat Dad, Crash Bandicoot and Aku Aku, Jack and Wendy Torrance. Hence the excited baboon-y selfie I have created for the week.

The Halloween festivities will reach their peak on Thursday when I get the chance to attend a student-only conversation with The Brothers Quay at the Wexner Center!



This week I learned about three new awesome resources. Buffer and Hoot Suite are cool ways to help organize messy social media madness. Patreon is a creative solution/reaction to Kickstarter (Rad Fortress is in the process of setting up a cool page). Check them out!

I am in the process of tightening up my website and demo reel for the CTN Animation Expo. Part of this experience means I get to take a silly drawing such as this little doggie on my right into a fun lively little guy to greet visitors to my page. I am also going to be sculpting him in ZBrush!

This doggie will also end up being slightly interactive. Thank goodness for how helpful http://processing.org is. What is a helpful resources that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment