Saturday, May 17, 2014

We Thought We Were Hard


The past semester was dedicated to my short film - there wasn't much of a chance to draw anything but space puppies, kitties, and aliens. Before I got heavy into animation, I used to spend lots of time making drawings that had lots of little details that could lead to tangents of thought, like a conversation that you don't know how to get out of at 3am. There was a call for entries to a local gallery with the theme "sameness", and I used that as an excuse to draw something I'd been thinking about. The pieces would be printed enormous at Kinkos. The show was great, and even though I didn't make it in, I was happy I got to get what was left of my teen angst out of the way by means of the largest Photoshop file I have ever made.





What do you do when you have a huge Photoshop file but nowhere to go? You spend 10 dollars in your school's print lab - something you haven't really used, as an animation major, and roll-print the thing half it's original size.


Here's a picture of me at our "Directions Career Fair" with my table obnoxiously filled with sketchbooks and things... I used it as a slightly offensive table cloth.


 My favorite thing about this: while working on it, I was loosely basing the two cats on my best friend and I. This submission was due on a Friday. The next day, I definitely got a crazy nosebleed. Did I predict the future?? I don't know. I do know I drew this the next day while my face still was hurting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment