Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Animation II: Quick Character Design

Here's a quick character I am creating for my next animation assignment. We have the option of either using one of four pre-set characters, as well as the option of making up our own. The goal of the assignment is to have the character pick up a box and a fridge, showing believable weight.

Also, I have sworn off doing any coyote/doggy characters for awhile. I was thinking of doing a reptile but... in the midst of my thought process, I am thinking "why pick up a fridge?" "to steal a fridge" "what type of thing steals?" and, voila - a raccoon. In a ski mask.

Inspiration/Reference and my doodlework/initial idea sketches. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Whether be it for games, comics, animation or merchandise, we cannot ignore the fact that good character designs play an active role in driving the sales of the product in question. While good character designs help to drive sales, great character designs grow companies and even shape the landscape of the creative industry. This is the first of 3 articles dedicated to the topic of creating great character designs and some tips to bear in mind when designing your characters.

    Animation Artists

    ReplyDelete