Monday, July 2, 2012

Fixed In Color - Lyric Video


I haven't posted in awhile - but not out of complete laziness. I've been busy with Orientation, the 9-to-5, and this project I've been working on for the past month. I'd never touched flash beforehand, but my summer goal was to learn it. This video gave me the extra push to really get comfortable with the program. I had lots of fun learning and creating this, and I was so happy to be able to it. I am looking forward to/and am really interested in working more with flash in the future, definitely.

The background is composed of lots of photos I've taken over the past year, pushed around in photoshop like crazy - antique shops, late night adventures, sparklers, parades, etc. For the logo, I was happy to finally get a grasp of how to create a grimey-looking effect, and also VERY happy to realize that live-trace has a "ignore white" option (I know, I know... about time, Sarah).




Check out Fixed in Color on facebook and show some support!

Combining time-based artwork of music and visuals is always really rewarding to me, and I feel very fortunate that I can use my skills to support other young artists. Now, if only I could finally run with my "Support Local Hardcow" idea... it's going to happen. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment