Monday, May 13, 2013

Space Puppy - Animatic Attack!

Lots of process updates for the animation I plan on making my senior thesis film!
First off, in class, we started timing out the drawings we created for our storyboard:



After these were done, it was time to start timing out the entire piece. My instructor brought up a really good point: I timed things way too fast. We tried playing it at double the time, and lots of scenes instantly read better. Here's the fast pass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9mx-JKKOc) vs the double-timed:


After playing with the timing, I came up with this. There are a few drawings missing, but I am overall happy and ready to take another pass at this sometime this summer, as well as really start digging into the animation before senior year begins:

No comments:

Post a Comment