Friday, November 29, 2013

Space Puppy Lineweight Fun Party



One of my few remaining assignments in the beloved Character Design class is this one regarding line weight. We had to take an existing character and draw him/her using 5 different line styles. I chose to experiment with Space Puppy, considering I will be drawing lots of him over the next few months, and also because I am curious as to how exactly he will end up in the final render of my thesis project.

This is definitely an exercise I think everyone should give a shot. The biggest thing you get for it is a better understanding of why line weight is important and appreciated. Also, it instantly forces you to push and pull your line style - something that isn't always at the forefront of our minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment